Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Twice Baked Potatoes

Alright, first off, you need to bake your potatoes the first time. Clean you potatoes well, poke holes in them, and then bake them. Baking times and temps may vary but I bake at 350 for about an hour and a half.




When they are done baking, pull them out of the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.



When they have cooled enough that you can bare to touch them, cut a hole in the top. Be sure not to cut too deep.



Peel off the potato skin and scoop out the insides into a bowl.



Add milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste, as though you were making mashed potatoes. You don't want it too runny, though. Go for creamy, yet a little thick.



Mix well with a hand mixer, or however you do it. I really don't know any other way to do it, but I'm sure there's some tribe in Africa that mashes their potatoes some other way...



When the potatoes taste right, add cheese and mix it again. This is the best part!



Then scoop the mixture back into the potato skins, ever so carefully. If the skins ripped, it's ok, this mixture kind of sticks things back together...



Then top with cheese and back into the oven again. The temp and time depend on what else you've got cooking. This can go in and cook along with anything. Just watch it until the cheese is melted and beautiful...



And if you are under 2, this is how you eat it..."Show me how the piggies eat..."


4 comments:

Missy A said...

Excellent looks very nice


Love the pic at the bottom how cute is that!

Barb said...

I bake my taters in the microwave - the stuff I could restuff with can cause cardiac arrest. Love the little piggy... is NO his fav word?

CarolinaDreamz said...

I'm going to the store for potatoes now.. I hope no one captures a photo of me eating them like a toddler (too cute!).. no peeking through my windows.. *giggle*
~Heidi

Dana Dane said...

you are sick to make him eat like that...poor boy..and thanks for the recipe