Sunday, July 8, 2007

Iron Chef Ramen

The following is a blog I did on 360 called Iron Chef, which was basically a recipe sharing blog. this is the first one I did.


Ok...by now everyone knows my love for reality TV...even if some of you HATE it! But this is my little, tiny tribute to my favorite cooking show.


I would like to know if anyone has any recipes they would like to share with my secret ingredient. Now being a single mother, you won't find any Alaskan King Crab here in my stadium kitchen.(also a seafood hater!) But please if you have a recipe to share I would appreciate it.



kitchen-stadium

Now this ingredient is loved by college students and single moms nationwide, what else can you buy by the case for under $4.00. My mom gave me this kick ass recipe and I am not sure if it is Thai...I do know it is vegetarian and delicious. So first I will reveal my secret ingredient...and then my mom's recipe.


My secret ingredient is:



180px-Ramen-packet2


Ramen Noodles!!


Allez Cuisine!


Now Here Is My Mom's Recipe:


Spicy Peanut Sauce and Ramen


2 pkgs. Ramen (throw the spice packets away)


1 pkg tofu (don't ask me what size...I am assuming small, I never buy it...my mom makes it and I eat it.


Peanut butter. (to taste)


Cayenne pepper (to taste)


Just a little soy sauce (to make it more "saucy", or you can use water)


chopped cucumbers and green onions (to serve as a topping)


I am sure you all know how to cook the noodles, so I will leave that alone. (Just remember to drain them :)


In a sauce pan on medium heat you add the tofu and half a jar of peanut butter...let cook , adding the soy sauce or water to break it down a little and let simmer.


While simmering add peanut butter and cayenne pepper to taste. Remember this is to be kind of spicy.


When it's saucy baby, pour over cooked noodles and sprinkle on the chopped cucumber and green onion. YUMM!Image


Ok, if you don't think this sounds good, just try it. I am not a vegetarian...just a wannabe but hey, I love this. I'm so cheap I eat it at my mom's house!


If you have a creative, original Ramen noodle recipe give me a holla...cuz times is hard! Times is hard! lol



PS-if you post it on your blog let me know, so I can link it or you can post it in the comments.


Wow! You people are awesome, so here is a list of the recipes in the comments so far;


  • Rala with Ramenroni and Cheese
  • Kimmie with Top Ramen Pizza


  • AL with Chopped Hot Dog and Ramen Stew, of course!
  • Mrs. K with Cheesy Ramen with Chicken and Veggies
  • Alissa with her brother's Secret Ramen Omelette
  • bigdaddycc with Better Than Sex Homemade Brownies (Sans Ramen Noodles mind you!)
  • Janelle with Oriental Salad...it looks good.
  • Jeff with Ramen Noodles, with Veggies and Scallops
  • I knew if I begged Joe he would come up with a masterpiece so here is the chef of 360's Ramen Frittata with Ham and Cheese
  • Miss T with an Unnamed Authentic Greek Noodle Recipe
  • Karin, "Miss 12 steps Ahead of Me"...already posted one in her blog so click on it to try -Poor Folk Recipe #1, Ramen with Assorted Goodies.
  • Eddo's Famous Lazy Noodles with poached egg and milk (in comments)
  • And check out whip's link to 101 recipes.



  • Any in blogs I will link.
dana
Ny

See the recipes here

2 comments:

Missy A said...

"Don't forget to drain pasta"
I asked my X once to do the pasta cooking on the stove, all he did was turn the stove off, by the time I got away from the crying baby the pasta was a pan shaped piece of rubber arrrgh


Keep these up Dana I love the Iron Chef posts
Hint- grab the html from 360 so all the links work **wink**

Dana Dane said...

there was no links i was in a hurry so i tried to explain that at the botttom, with the link to see recipes here. Most are in the comment section. When I get time i will grab them from the commentsection and add. There is something wrong. A few of the comments I had on that paricular post have disappeared and I never deleted them. did anyone else ever notice that with their 360 posts? Anyway Rala if you read this, your reecipe is one of them....please repost in this comment section....pretty please. I did not delete your comment.