Tuesday, May 29, 2007

French Toast

Frenchtoast

I love French Toast. At my house we make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It really doesn't matter. Now, I'll be the first to admit, that's not my pic up there, but that's what they look like.

Ingredients:

Eggs
Vanilla
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Bread

Preheat your pan or griddle. I personally use a griddle, because you can cook more at once. Don't forget your non-stick spray!

The amount of eggs depends on how many you are cooking for. The rule of thumb I live by is that it takes 1 egg for 2 pieces of bread. It's pretty accurate. Crack your eggs into a bowl that's big enough for a piece of bread to lay flat in. Add about a teaspoon of vanilla, a few shakes of nutmeg, and cinnamon. I wish it was more technical than that, but it's not. You know you've got enough, if it smells good. Beat the eggs, and spices together.

Take your bread and dip them in egg mixture on both sides until well coated. Place your bread on your griddle or pan and let it cook until the side down is golden brown, then flip. When both sides are fully cooked, it's done.

I usually serve this topped lightly with butter and maple syrup, with fried eggs. Yum!

No comments: