Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grandma Erna's Potato Soup

My grandma Erna makes the best potato soup. So I took the recipe from her.
I cook to feed a small army all the time and I think most of you can figure out proportions on your own. You're all grown. lol
First you need about this much potatoes, peeled, cleaned and chopped.
SANY0089

I cook my bacon a little to render most of the fat out.
SANY0090

I use a big pot for my soup because I have a large family
SANY0091

This is two onions, diced
SANY0092

While my onions and potatoes were boiling, I chopped two celery hearts. I let the potatoes and onions boil until the potatoes were just tender and then I tossed in the celery and bacon.
Then I added a can of evaporated milk.
SANY0098

I let it all boil until the potatoes were tender all the way through.

Here is the end result.

SANY0099

YUMMY...now go to the store, buy the crap you need to make some, and tell me how it was.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That looks totally yummy! I'm going to need a really small pot, though. I live with the world's pickiest eaters. :P

Barb said...

this does look yummy - I bet some corn thrown in would be good too.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Leigh Russell said...

Makes me hungry just looking at it.